Regular eye exercise maintains perfect eyesight. One simple method of exercise is moving the eyeball – right and left; upwards and downwards and rotating it in the clockwise and anti-clockwise directions. Another simple way of protecting of eyes is through ‘palming’. Rub the palms of both hands for about 30 seconds, close the eyes and gently place the warm palms over the eyes.
Causes: – Heat and Weakness of brain is a main cause of weak eyesight. The morbid matter eliminating by means of Common Cold if suppressed by wrong treatment, also adversely effects the eyes. Beside this, long over and closely watching of TV, continuous reading in a powerful light, digestive disorder, unbalanced eating and living habits and deficiency of vitamin A in food are also responsible for weak eyesight. In maturity, excessive worry and consumption of alcohol also produce weakness of eyes.
Eye Exercises: – Yoga prescribes eye exercises to help tone up our eye muscles. If started early in life, they help keep the eyes elastic. But don’t worry if you’re already afflicted by weak eyes. With these lovely exercises, your eyesight will improve in a couple of months.
1. Palming: – To rest and relax your eyes, sit comfortably in front of a table, resting your elbows on a stack of cushions high enough to bring your palms easily to your eyes without stooping forward or looking up.
2. Swinging: – Relax and keep the eyes mobile. Stand up and focus on a distant point, swaying gently from side to side. Repeat 100 times daily, blinking as you sway. Blinking cleans and lubricates the eyes, which is especially important if you spend a lot of time in front of a computer.
3. Remember to keep your gaze at shoulder level. You may raise your fingers or stick two ballpoint pens on your shoulders to guide you. Place them in a convenient way so that you are able to clearly see them when you move your eyes left and right.
4. Look as far as possible and inhale then look down as far as possible and exhale. Blink your eyes more than dozen times. Do the same procedure by turning to your left and right then diagonally up to left, down to right, up to right and down to left followed by rapid blinking.
Home Remedies for Eyesight Weakness
1. Mix equal quantities of fenugreek seeds (methi dana) powder along with Shikakai powder for washing hair. Wash frequently.
2. Boil 2 tablespoons fenugreek leaves along with ½ cup moong dal and 10 small onions and eat regularly.
3. Using drops of eyebright herb are also beneficial for the eye conditions.
4. Mix seeds of cardamom along with 1 tablespoon honey. Eat every day.
5. Drink carrot juice twice daily.
6. Eating spinach will help in preventing various eye problems as it contains carotenoid.
7. washing the eyes with cold water will give relief from strain and will soothe the eyes.
First, locate a small spot you are able to clearly see on a wall opposite you. Then focus on that spot, but do not strain, or frown. If you find yourself getting tense stop and relax. It is very important not to move your head all throughout.
General tips when doing eye exercises please take off your glasses or contact lenses, you will then feel more comfortable and relaxed.
When doing the exercises, intensely concentrate on your eyes. Feel them working and coming to life again!
Do them on a regular basis, e.g. ideally 3 times a day. The results will be better.
Article Source: http://www.sooperarticles.com/health-fitness-articles/eye-vision-articles/weak-eyesight-exercise-herbal-remedies-improve-eyesight-25685.htmlAbout Author: You may be interested in reading Weak Eyesight and Herbal Remedies for Improve Eyesight